Will it affect my plumbing or tiling?
No, in most cases the bath can be done in position without taking the taps off or affecting the tiling
How long does it take to do?
Obviously, each job is different, but if it was a standard white bath, it will usually take between 4 to 6 hours very roughly.
When can we use the bath?
You can use the bath before we arrive, the bath will usually be usable after 24 hours of the technician finishing. Unless stated otherwise by the technician.
What do we have to do to prepare for your arrival?
- Please clear your personal things out of the bathroom.
- Please make sure if you have dripping taps that they are repaired prior to us arriving.
- If you are replacing your taps waste and overflow please ensure that these items are removed before our arrival. It is preferable for us to re enamel the bath with all the fittings off if you are changing them anyway. We do however understand that this is not always possible if it is your only bathroom.
- Please ensure that the fittings are not put on with silicone as this can affect our process especially if it is very fresh. If you have had to fit the new taps please use plumbers mate or an acrylic sealant instead of silicone.
- Please ensure that if you are having tiling done the tiles are fitted down to the bath and the silicone seal is left off! If fresh sealant has been applied it is very difficult to remove when it is still fresh and this could result in extra cost.
- If you are unsure of anything please don’t hesitate to contact us first we will be more than happy to advise you with any questions.
How long is the waiting list?
We can usually book within a week to ten days.
Can you change the colour of the bath, say from a dark colour to white?
Yes. As you are getting a completely new surface, there is no problem in colour changing at all.
How do I clean it after it’s done?
You will find the surface really easy to keep clean. The technician will explain this at the job but you can basically use any of the standard liquid bath cleaners with a white bathroom scouring sponge or cloth.
Is your work guaranteed?
Yes. We give you a standard manufacturer’s guarantee of a year. This is a process we have been using for about 13 years now and have been very pleased with the results, so you can expect many years of use out of the new surface.
If I accidently damaged the bath can you repair it without having to redo the whole bath?
Yes. But this does depend on the extent of the damage. Small areas can be repaired invisibly, or we can even redo the whole bath if required.
I’m thinking of replacing the tiles above the bath, should I get the bath done before, or after?
We recommend you getting the tiling done first. Tile down onto the bath but leave out any silicon sealant.
I’m going to replace the taps. When should this be done?
Well, there are two ways of approaching this:
- You can either replace them first, but please don’t bed them in with silicon, you can use plumbers mate or gaskets if you wish.
- You take the old taps off, we then re enamel the bath, you replace with the new taps on completion. We can normally schedule this to fit in with the plumber. The above would also apply to the replacement of the waste, plug area.
How much does it cost?
As every job is different, it would be impossible to state a set price here without more information. But if you phone us we will give you an immediate price on the phone, after briefly discussing the job with you. There is no cost, or any form of obligation for this.